Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Obligatory Introductory Post!

        Hello denizens of the internet, my name is Matt! As is customary, I figured I'd tell the world a bit about myself and why I'm here! I'm a creative writing student, and by definition, a freelance screenwriter who focuses on animation and children's entertainment. That being said, I also enjoy writing short stories and live action scripts as well, and I absolutely love ancient mythology and military history, especially Greek and Roman (enough so that I traced my family name back to the oldest recorded instance and proceeded to get the Roman Legion number my family would've been most likely involved in tattooed on my shoulder).

        I love writing almost as much as reading, video games, and enjoying classic and alternative rock music, but enough about me. You're probably here because you want to know what I've done! Well, before I moved to Florida to Study at Full Sail University, I lived in Allen, Texas, where I completed the pilot script for my own show, "Colossal". The show is an animated series following Carter Hernandez and Amber Greene as they balance, school, friends, and battling giant manifestations of the forces of nature called Colossi (Colossus if it's only one). I have a pilot script that will be sampled in a post later on, as well as a series bible with some artwork (courtesy of my good friends Joseph Taylor and Ash Corona) and a whole lot of episodes!

        My personal goal is to eventually be a show runner for Cartoon Network and bring back shows that encourage people to sit down with their friends and marathon the episodes until their eyes hurt and their hearts well up with all sorts of emotions.

        Thanks for dropping by!
~Matthew Richard Scarpa


"Fortune and Glory kid. Fortune and glory."
~Harrison Ford, "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (1984)

1 comment: