Sunday, March 19, 2017

A bit of a review and a writing prompt for everyone! (Myself included)

        So I just finished the new Zelda game, Breath of the Wild (hence why this week's post is on a Sunday night instead of a Friday afternoon), and as a writer, I have to say that this game's story was BEAUTIFUL! I'll do my best not to spoil things here, but honestly, it was a refreshing change of pace. For once, they added some real story beats to the game. "This happened, then because of that, this happened" and so on and so forth, rather than just, "Okay. Go here. Do this. Go there. Do the next thing. Save the princess. You win". I absolutely loved it because for once, there was some real character development to Link and even the side characters.
       
        They had a reason to do what they did, and motivations, and obstacles blocking their progress. For me, I feel like that's what Zelda games were missing, the ability to make the characters seem more real than myth. It made me want to write something new and exciting, so I came up with a prompt, that I'll post my response to next week, and I hope someone else will play along!

        "I never wanted to be the bad guys, but the hero made me." Aaaaaaaand go!

No comments:

Post a Comment