Saturday, March 25, 2017

"I never wanted to be the villain..."

        So last week, I wrote out this prompt, and wanted to see some stories! Understandably though (since only like 3 people actually look at this, but hey I love writing for whoever those three people are!) I didn't get any responses on that post. I do however, have my own little tidbit to use. Enjoy!

        I remember the day it all happened. I came before my king, a humble man from the plains, asking only for more support for my people. Monsters and vile men had been raiding our town for weeks, pillaging whatever good they felt like, taking our people and doing ungodly things to them before our eyes. I stood in awe of the towering figure I only ever knew as "your highness", and barely noticed the young boy beside him. Should I have though, I would have seen the malice and contempt for me and my plight in his eyes.
       
        My pleas fell on deaf ears, not that day, but in the weeks following, my people suffered with no aid. Finally, the royal guards came, but not to our aid. We were told to leave our homes, our shops, our livelihoods, as if they had never meant anything to us in the first place.
     
        "Where do we go?" The women of the village cried out. The guards didn't care, they had no sympathy for our plight. Eventually, the women made their way to the canyon, just outside the desert to the west. The men found themselves conscripted, forced into the royal army with no military training. Many of them were slaughtered trying to defend other from the horrors they had faced. The rest either took their own live, or disappeared. All but myself. I was the only man in our tribe that had been blessed by the goddesses, meant to carry on a legacy of greatness, of power. To usher in a new era of peace was my only goal. And that boy, that little blonde boy with the pointed ears saw it fit to whisper in the king's ear, to tell him that I was plotting to end his daughter's life and the royal bloodline with it, when all I wanted was to keep my people safe.
       
        Now though, my goddesses have granted me my opportunity to repay this boy, who without lifting a finger, has thwarted my plan for peace in our time at every turn. Their power flows through my veins, turning my skin a pallid green, but I care not. Their power reverberates in my muscles, making me a gargantuan anomaly among man, but I care not. their power though, also flows into him, my final obstacle in the way to ultimate peace, for my people and the people of this world. His courage is admirable, but I will not let it sway me. I have my goal, to destroy the vileness in this land, and sow the seeds of a world in which all people can live and work together, but here he stands, in my citadel, ready to cast me down.

        They love him, the courageous "hero" they see before them. They don't know how he's been corrupting their sacred rites and temples, casting out the guardians that lay dormant therein. They don't see how, where he goes, death and unnatural destruction follows. All they see is the blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy, clad in green, who has disrupted the natural order of our world. The same boy who stands before me. I call to him, the boy who ostracized me from the world I wanted only to save, in an attempt to scare him away from a fight that I do not want.

        "I am Ganondorf, of the Gerudo!" I cry, hoping to intimidate him. "Wielder of the Triforce of Power! You cannot hope to stop me you fool!" He remains silent, and draws his sword.

1 comment:

  1. That was really good, I so enjoyed it. I love how you keep the identities hidden until the end. I want more, please.

    ReplyDelete